Warm your home with classic early American Shaker design. Our practical, authentic Shaker Boxes are simple yet beautiful. Stack different colors and sizes for your very own custom look!
Our authentic Shaker Boxes are hand-crafted right here in Maine. Crafted using the same techniques the Shakers used to make their iconic oval boxes for over 200 years.
- Each box is sold separately. Choose your favorite box size(s).
- Handcrafted Shaker boxes made from quarter-sawn pine and red maple.
- Oval boxes are secured with copper tacks that are darkened to appear aged.
- Hand-crafted using Historically accurate Shaker techniques.
- Finished with authentic antique colors.
- Finished and with milk paint made from milk, lime and dry pigment for color.
- Artisan crafted in Maine.
- Made in the USA.
These elegant and practical nesting boxes were used by the Shakers to store dry goods and sewing supplies. Our early American designed Shaker boxes are hand-crafted from log to finish. Boxes are crafted from Red Maple bentwood bands and quartersawn pine tops and bottoms. Finger joints are individually hand cut, just as the Shakers did for two centuries. Copper tacks are made on an antique machine dating back to the late 1800's. The tacks are then darkened to render an aged appearance and used to secure the bent bands to each box. Each Shaker box is lovingly finished with authentic antique colors. Finished with old-fashioned milk paints, dyes, tung oil, and carnauba wax.